Friday, March 8, 2013

Rendering Unto Caesar




And by “Caesar” I mean the I.R.S.

I’ve written about those Infernally Rapacious Serpents before, so I won’t belabor the point again. Although I really do despise them…

Our yearly pilgrimage to Sacramento is tomorrow. Our accountant is a great guy and we always enjoy chatting with him. He has helped us a lot over the years and has saved us more than once when we’ve been audited by the Irredeemable Reptilian Scourge. And we usually get a LITTLE bit back in the form of a refund OF OUR OWN MONEY THAT WE ARE TAXED ON AGAIN. Don’t know how much, if any, we will get back this year. See the picture above? See how little the amount of blood is being squeezed from that stone? That’s because most of the blood has ALREADY BEEN DRAINED from previous years…but that doesn’t stop them from trying…

And no matter how the tax appointment goes, Marv and I always celebrate afterward with a nice meal at a fancy restaurant. We made it through another year. God is good and has always seen us through everything this world has thrown at us. 
And despite the Insatiable Ravenous Swarm, we will triumph!


No comments:

Post a Comment