Friday, March 15, 2013

My Oasis




This is my dream spa. Let me show you around….

You can’t see it, but off to one side is a small water fountain with tinkly little bells. Strictly for the sound. Not too loud, but loud enough to hear over the music. What music is that, you ask? Beautiful, relaxing flute of the Native American/Andean/New Age type. Also not too loud, but blending in well with the sound of the water fountain.

Right now, it looks like there is daylight coming in from a window at the back right. Nice for a break in a busy day. At night, though, the room would be much darker. More candles. Maybe some tiny lights in the ceiling above the pool, to mimic stars. Much more relaxing.

And what am I drinking? Herbal tea is a no brainer, of course, but mine would have a generous splash of Jack Daniel’s in it. Unless I’m having something cold. Wine cooler? Maybe. More likely, it’s my friend Jack mixed with some kind of lemon/lime soda. That’s if I want to REALLY unwind after a hard day.

Now, the next question is: incense or no? Depends on my mood. The candles are scented, so there isn’t need for much more. Maybe just a splash of scented oil in the water.

Ahhhhhhhhh…..that feels MUCH better…..pardon me while I take a sip…..

While the pool looks big enough for two, and there are two tea cups on the ledge, I’m afraid this is MY little spot in MY little world. Feel free to use the spa when I’m finished, of course…just remember to blow out the candles before you leave…and turn off the fountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment