Friday, January 4, 2013

Another Tradition Shot Down in Flames




I recently learned that my cherished German Christmas Pickle is a fraud! I was devastated!

Being of German heritage, I was quite taken with the “German tradition” of the pickle Christmas ornament when I saw it advertised in a mail order magazine many years ago. I’ve always enjoyed collecting ornaments and have enough to decorate several trees by now. Of course I had to get a “real German pickle” for my tree! When Paul and Sarah were little, they would vie to see who would find it first amongst the others on the tree on Christmas morning. And one of the first ornaments I got for Sarah when she married and had her own home was her very own Christmas pickle.

And now I find it’s all bunk….(insert sad smiley emoticon here)

You can look up all the different theories as to just when and how this pickle got itself into such a pickle (har har) by checking out the various sources on the Internet.

I decided that I DON’T CARE….
I’m German. Marv is German. ERGO: my Christmas pickle ornament is GERMAN.

Und das ist es.


No comments:

Post a Comment