Friday, April 1, 2011

Girls Day Out


I can’t remember the last time I had a day out with one of my gal pals. It’s usually Mary, and we haven’t gone out in a long time. Yesterday was with both Mary and Paula, and I had the time of my life! I really hope this was just the first of such outings.

We started at an antique store none of us had been to before, and spent an hour and a half and still didn’t get to see it all. I scored a fabulous brass cat holding a mirror, the mirror being removable. You could just as easily substitute dried flowers for the mirror. After I got that and put it in the car, I went back over some of the area I hadn’t seen yet and scored another bargain: a bin full of mega blocks for only $4!! I snapped that up fast! Lia will love it!

Then we went to Taco Bell out by Trader Joe’s. The taco salad was great, but the shell was a bit stale. We hit Trader Joe’s then on to S & S Produce (natural health store and organic produce) and then to Baskin & Robbins. I had a coupon for a free pint of ice cream that I got one of the times I donated blood. Got a mix of Snickers, New York Cheesecake and World Class Chocolate and 3 spoons. YUM!

After that, it was on to Kohl’s. It was mainly so Paula could get something, but I though I might take a look and see if they had any white purses. They did, but they were way out of my range and I didn’t even like them that much. BUT….I found a hat I could not live without! My next profile pic will be of me wearing that hat. I love it! I haven’t bought a new hat in ages. And it was on sale! I also got a pair of slippers on sale. All in all, a very good trip.

Got home and was stunned that it was 4:30! Had no idea it was that late. I had lots of Ravenwood and Cityville stuff to take care of and some Scrabble to catch up on. Did Cityville, then let Marv have the computer while I ate dinner. Then I did Ravenwood for the next few hours. Love that game!!

Really great day. Not much in the way of pain, although I am a little creaky today. But it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you had such a great time! Wish I had a the funds and a day out with one of my gal pals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like playing games once a month I think we need to make this a scheduled day for our gal excursions!! Especially since you and Mary spent most of the money! ;o)

    ReplyDelete