Friday, January 21, 2011

Gingerbread French Toast

Gingerbread French Toast…OMG!

And yes, the “g” stands for “gosh” so calm down!

We got our new AARP cards the other day, and as I was peeling them off the paper, I noticed some of the places you can use the cards for discounts. One of them was for Denny’s. Your AARP card will get you a 20% discount there. Now, I know a lot of people have “issues” with Denny’s, but I’ve always loved the place. I love getting breakfast food there. I love breakfast any time of day, for that matter. Their prices seem a tad high, though, compared to some of the other restaurants around here. But that 20% discount made it a bit more acceptable. When I mentioned the discount factor to Marv, he suggested we go there for dinner that night.

They were still doing some of the holiday specials at Denny’s, and one of them was their Holiday Slam. It offered Gingerbread French Toast instead of pancakes. So I went for it. I ate the eggs, ham and hash browns first, saving the French toast for dessert. I poured the syrup over the toast and cut off the first bite with my fork.

wow.

Yes, no capital, just a stunned, quiet “wow”. It was more like eating gingerbread cake. It was so moist and crumbly that it would’ve been better to have served it in a bowl and eaten it with a spoon. Since I like to think of myself as a lady, I did NOT lick the plate afterward…but I did save a tiny bit of toast to mash up and try to get the last vestiges of syrup. wow.

No more can be said, so I’ll stop. wow.

1 comment:

  1. We have AARP cards, too! I bet Bruce would love those gingerbread cakes!

    Man, been wanting pancakes lately. We usually go to IHOP and I get their 2x2 deal, cheap and delicious! (The Denny's here is a bit out of the way) I try to plan ahead and eat light for the rest of the day, but I have been having the worst cravings for those lovely syrup covered goodies!

    I think I'll make some of my sour cream oat-bran pecan pancakes, those are yummy and filling. Maybe they'll kill the craving.

    ReplyDelete