Friday, June 4, 2010

fabulous day!

Gladys, today was wonderful! It didn't start that way, but it sure ended up that way. I had an appointment in Chico and my friend was going with me and we were going to have lunch at Starbucks. I was making the sandwiches and my friend called and said something came up and she wouldn't be able to go. So I went to my appointment in Chico alone in the dreary rain. I had a CD that Paul had made for me years ago, with some old tunes that I really loved. I ended up singing the whole way to Chico. By the time I arrived at my appointment, it had stopped raining and was windy and cool but it felt great. After my appointment, I went to Starbucks by myself. I sat outside at one of the little tables with my sandwich, my peppermint mocha and a chocolate croissant and watched the traffic. Then I did some shopping. I had a blast! I love shopping at the Walmart in Chico, as it has a much larger selection of everything than the store in Oroville. I got me some new jammies! Tinkerbell and Minnie Mouse! And what was even better--since I've lost so much weight I was able to get them in a smaller size and not pay the extra $2 they charge for the larger sizes! WOOT!! I ended up on a whim at the 99¢ Store and got a BUNCH of fun stuff for Lia. I also scored 3 (count 'em! 3!) different scents of dusting powder WITH PUFF. I had been on a mission for some time trying to find any store that still carried that item. Everybody has bath powder in a bottle, but no one had it in the flat round container with a puff. At least not at a price I was willing to pay. I was so stoked! Then I drove home singing all the way. The only thing that would've made the whole excursion better would've been if Mary had been with me. Or you, Gladys--you would have been a welcome companion! Maybe next time? ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment