Monday, June 7, 2010

hamburger lips

Sarah got her braces adjusted the other day and was telling me how much her mouth hurt. Not only because of the adjustment, but because of the way her cheek was scoured by one of the brackets. Boy, did that bring back memories! My orthodontist was just a few blocks away from where I went to Junior High, so I had special permission to leave campus when I had an appointment. My parents both worked, and while my mom could've made arrangements, it was just easier for me to walk there. The appointments were made for after lunch, so I'd be able to brush my teeth before going, and there would only be 2 classes left. About 2 hours after the adjustment I would be in great pain and usually didn't sleep well that night.
Around Christmas, I was goofing around on my mom's bed while she did something in her room. I lost my balance and fell, mouth first, across the footboard of the bed. Talk about pain! And blood! Now you know where I got the title for this blog...
The ONLY good thing about this incident is that it took place during Christmas vacation (NOT "Winter Break" thankyouverymuch), so I didn't have to go to school with grossly swollen lips. But it was very hard to really enjoy any kind of Christmas goodies when it was so painful to try and chew without moving my lips. I can still feel it...

No comments:

Post a Comment