Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MEME time!

As readers of my blog on Myspace know, I am more than somewhat fond of memes. I discovered a new blog today that had a meme with questions that were new to me. So of course I must do them! Should you chose, repost them with your own answers. If you don't have your own blog, (and why not?!?) then email them to me!

1. What is your current obsession?
As has been the case for a year or so--my craft room! I can't seem to get it organized! I try, really I do, but it's like one of those nightmares where you're trying to run away from someone/thing and you're running as fast as you can, but you're not moving forward! I tidy a corner or small area and while my back is turned the rest of the room goes to hell! AAahhhh!

2. Which item from your closet are you wearing the most lately?
All summer long I've been wearing my capris that I got at Walmart 3-4 years ago. I tried to get every color they had in my size. Love those things. I might get one more summer out of them before they graduate to the "rag" category.

3. What's for dinner?
Casserole! The world's easiest dinner. Pasta, a can of cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup and whatever leftover meat or canned meat you have on hand. And both Paul and Marv love it.

4. What was the last "fun" thing you bought?
A cute plastic ribbon holder from Walmart. I was in the craft aisle, not really looking for anything, and the thing practically jumped into my cart! It worked so well, I went back and got another one.

5. What are you reading right now?
"The Real Animal House" by Chris Miller, of National Lampoon fame. Hilarious! Got it in the bargain section of Barnes & Noble some time back and finally got around to starting it.

6. What is your current guilty pleasure?
HGTV's Design Star. Totally worthless show, but I find it fascinating. I have to admit, though, I record it to watch at a later time. That way, when they get into their little cat fights or snit fits, I can fast forward it. Or when they're in the green room awaiting elimination and they're all trying to blame each other for possible failure and the tears start (from both guys and gals). I just can't seem to NOT watch it!

7. What will be the first "Fall" thing you do?
Seriously go through the capris and some of my other summer clothes and cull for the church rummage sale taking place in October. Also my hats. Some of them I know I'm not going to wear anymore, so it's off to the sale for them!

8. Where are you planning to travel next?
Hopefully Fresno. The kids should be moving into their new house in early October, and I volunteered to stay for a few days and keep Lia entertained while Sarah unpacks and puts the house in order.

9. What do you collect?
I used to collect all manner of "cat" stuff. Figurines, of course, and whatever else came in cat shape or design. I have some neat things like staplers, tape dispensers, potholders, mirrors. I've kinda backed off that for now. I finally came to the conclision that I had enough cat stuff! I know, hard to believe...but true. So now it's back to my other main love--books. I've collected books all along, and am now getting to the point of thinking I have enough...BUT...you can NEVER have too many books! I've been going through some of them, though, and have been asking myself, "Are you ever REALLY going to read that one again?" And I will give it real consideration. Sometimes the answer is "No," and that book will go in the sale bag. As much as I'm enjoying the Animal House book, I intend to put it in the sale bag when I've finished it.

And there you have it, folk. Or folks, if there's more than one of you...Ta for the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment