Thursday, January 11, 2024

OK…I’m Old! – Part 2

 



I LOVED playing with the ashtrays in cars! They were either on the backs of the front seat or in the arm rest. You could hid all sorts of little things in it. Tiny pieces of paper, candy wrappers, pennies…what fun…

 


 

We not only got Hawaiian Punch, but all sorts of different juices in the big cans. My favorite juice was strawberry/mango. Nothing like a big ol’ glass of pure sugar to start out the day!

 


 

EVERYONE remembers what these balls sounded like, smelled like, felt like when they hit you smack in the face while wearing glasses…and they came in different sizes. I loved playing with them at recess. Except when they hit me smack in the face while wearing glasses…the other kids seemed to enjoy doing that…

 


 

THESE WERE GOLD!!! When it was recess time, the girls would SWARM over to the box and grab these. I was never fast enough. I loved hopscotch, but could never score a marker. For some reason these had an actual name: hoppy taws. Don’t know why.

 


 

I was SO PROUD when I got my first library card for the county library. There was a little embossed metal square on the front with my name that they would stick in the machine to stamp my name on the record. If I was fast enough I could then press the metal onto my skin before the ink dried.

 

Random Thought:

As a kid, I used to talk into the fan to hear my robot voice.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment