Thursday, March 23, 2023

Cerebral Contemplations

 



Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are. - Marianne Williamson

To me, joy isn’t jumping up and down. It’s more in alignment with peace and contentment. Being with family. Reading a really good book and pondering on it when it’s finished. A warm and comfy bed when sick or just plain worn out at the end of the day. Having a cat on your lap. As far as the outside world goes, there is a lot to take joy in. Yes, prices are high, but between Marv and me, we are able to get what we need. We can practice our faith without worrying about getting executed. There is still joy to be had.

 

Bad noise vs. good noise

We live in a very noisy world. Sifting through it all can be exhausting. Here’s my take on it:

Good –

Children’s laughter, especially a baby.

Almost anything in nature, wind in trees, birds, running water, rain. Also, far away train whistles. Music that fills your heart. Focus as much as you can on the good.

Bad –

Most of the bad comes from people in various forms. Try to shut those out. If I’m deep inside a book, I can tune out just about anything else going on around. Wonderful skill if you spend a lot of time on a school bus! For non-human noise that I hate the most, it’s mosquitoes! And remember: A noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more!!

 

How I Lost A Gazillion Dollars

I recently had a lot of dental work done that left me unable to eat using my front teeth. Even when cutting stuff up and chewing on the side, if anything touched the front part of my mouth it was excruciating. I knew I could puree stuff in the blender, but was too lazy to cook something and then puree it. I was living on cooked cereal and pureed noodle soup. I thought I had some refried beans in the pantry, but I didn’t. I had packets of instant mashed potatoes, but I really wanted some protein. I thought marketing pureed food for adults would be a great and unique idea. Well, Hormel already has a line of adult pureed foods. So phooey on that idea! At least I know what to get if I know in advance that I will need that.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment