Friday, March 12, 2021

Mind Musings



I don’t remember if I blogged about this before, so bear with me. One time that I went to Chico and ended up at Barnes & Noble, I did my traditional stop at the Starbucks inside. I had a coupon for a dessert and I chose the Rainbow Cake because it was so pretty. I took it home and split it with Marv. I wasn’t surprised that the cake layers didn’t have different flavors for each color, but that was OK. It was still awesome.

 

Nake Grape vs Barefoot

Both make a very good Moscato, which is my favorite. I don’t remember which one I had first. The first time I visited the kids when they rented a house, the landlords left a bottle of Moscato in the fridge. Neither like it, so they gave it to me. Whatever brand it was, it was the second one I had tried. So I have both brands to chose from when I shop for this wine.

 

Things I’ve Never Eaten:

Poutine – This seems to be something ALL Canadians love, and I wouldn’t mind trying this. I love French fries and I love gravy. I could probably make this myself, but I’d be the only one who would eat it. Sometimes when I have a French dip sandwich in a restaurant and have some of the jus left over, I will mash my French fries in it.

Spotted Dick with Custard – Not only is this a fun dessert to say, it sounds yummy! The “spots” are raisins, BTW. Where the name came from, I don’t know. It’s still funny. It’s a steamed pudding with custard hard sauce. The closest I’ve ever come is bread pudding with hard sauce.

Haggis – This is a hard NOPE! Don’t want to, never gonna. Liver, heart and lungs of a sheep. Mix with suet, oatmeal and seasoning. Pack it back into the stomach of the sheep and boil it.

Escargot – More like escarNOPE…

Fugu – First of all, I don’t care much for fish, especially the kind that will kill me. So I’ll pass on this one as well.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment