Thursday, February 4, 2021

Chocolate Rain



This video was originally going to be a Tuesday post on FB. I try to find weird/oddball stuff that I hope doesn’t offend and post it for fun. The more I thought about this, though, I realized it deserved its own blog.

 

Tay Zonday (Adam Nyerere Bahner) does music, acting and voice work. Great bass voice.

This video has a simple, redundant musical background and the song itself has a simple, redundant, syncopated melody line. AND IT’S A LONG SONG!!! REALLY LONG!! Several verses!! Almost 5 minutes long….

 

I started listening to it and was intrigued by the melody. Then I let the syncopation drag me in a bit further. Then I clicked underneath to read the lyrics. OMG!! It was the POETRY of the lyrics that really got me hooked.

I played it again so I could follow the entire song with the lyrics.

 

THIS IS MY TYPE OF POETRY!!

I LIVE for this kind of stuff! I’ve written stuff like this, but not nearly as good.

I love arcane, recherchĂ©, obscure writing and art. Some of the stuff I’ve written would probably get me committed.

 

So click on the link. At least listen to the beginning of the song to get the syncopation in your mind. And then, if you want, just read the words. If you don’t want to listen to the whole thing, that’s OK. I will judge you for it, but I will still love you…

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA  Chocolate Rain

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment