Thursday, March 12, 2020

Missing Harper – One Year Later



Harper left us a year ago. He was in increasingly ill health, and there just wasn’t anything more we could do. I had decided 4 years previous when we had to put Sheba to sleep that Harper would be our last cat. I’ve had so many cats over the years and have loved them all. And whenever it was time to say goodbye it just destroyed me. I knew when it was Harper’s time that would be it. I could not take any more goodbyes. And I’ve held to that decision.

When your kids go out on their own, you have an empty nest. With cats, you have an empty lap. Harper was the best lap cat I’d ever had. That was one of the hardest things to get used to at first. Sitting in front of the TV with no cat.

That’s about all I can say. I have great memories of all my kitties, except for the end when I had to say goodbye. Just can’t do it anymore.

I’m still a crazy cat lady. I just don’t have one in my lap.


No comments:

Post a Comment