Thursday, August 24, 2017

I Love The Idea, But….






Like a new bride (in the olden days) collecting recipes, I tend to collect a LOT of ideas (and recipes too, actually) from TV, the Internet and Facebook. I will bookmark sites, note things in files on the computer and dream of doing/making everything I see.

Oh, look! Another cute backyard fire pit! That would be easy to make!
Wow! How easy to change the whole look of the bedroom with just paint and new bedding!
Yum! That looks really tasty!

They all look and sound great, but we are only given one lifetime and that is just not enough to put checkmarks on all the listed items.

Then there are the bigger things. Such as:

Burning Man.
I have always been intrigued with the IDEA of Burning Man. I love looking at all the pictures each year after the festival has taken place. In my youth, I MIGHT have been able to handle something like this with Marv’s help and a decent set-up for sleeping, but those days are long gone. What appeals to me the most is the tremendous freedom of the atmosphere and the truly amazing art and diversity of the people who attend.


Ice Hotels.
Now, this I KNOW I would never really want to stay in for a night. They are so beautiful, especially at night with all the lights shining through.
But DANG!!! COLD!!! SLEEPING ON ICE!!!
I am content with looking at the pictures and dreaming…

Tiny Houses.
They’re so CUTE!!! And again, in my younger days it might have been viable. Not now. I would never be able to sleep in a loft without having functioning knees. And considering how many times I get up at night to visit the ladies room, I don’t see myself going up and down a ladder that many times. And if you’re able to actually have steps to get into the loft, they are very steep and you are giving up even more space.
And then there are my books, my craft supplies, my cat memorabilia…I’d need at least 3 more tiny houses for that stuff!

Zima.
I REALLY wanted Zima to work out!! It looked so good in the TV ads. So clear and slightly fizzy and refreshing. Especially on ice. And the bottle was cool…
YUK! Bought a 6 pack once and that was it. So when it reappeared recently for a limited time I seriously contemplated getting some and seeing if they had improved it. Thankfully, a friend mentioned that her husband had gotten some. I asked if it had changed and the answer was NO. So I saved a bit of money on that one…


No comments:

Post a Comment