Friday, July 21, 2017

Part One - It’s That Time…*sigh*



I read an article about all the STUFF hanging around your house that is taking up valuable space. In some cases, it’s stuff that hasn’t seen the light of day in years. So, yes, dear readers, It’s That Time…
…to get rid of:

Books  (gasp)
Hi. My name is Dot and I’m a book hoarder…(Hi Dot)
Seriously, I’ve written about this before, but I have been making a huge effort to get rid of books that I know I’m not going to read again. I will read a book and then set it aside for a while. I will ponder. I will contemplate. I will put it in the bag for donation. I will remove that book from the bag. Finally I will make a final decision and either put the book back in the bookcase or in the bag for the final time. It’s a slow and VERY painful process, but I am making progress.

Craft supplies  (nnnoooooo!)
This isn’t quite as painful as the book thing, but there are definite pangs. I’m in the process of going through my stamps and making a few cards before deciding if I am still in love with the stamp/stamp set and either put it back on the shelf or in the bag with the books.

CDs
I have just recently been going through my CDs and playing them on a player that Marv and I got years ago to take on trips. It has a tape player and radio as well. I sometimes like to soak in the bathtub while listening to these old CDs. Some have definitely lost their appeal.

PENS THAT DON’T WORK (SO many pens!!)
Why do we keep pens that don’t work?? It’s not like they’re family heirlooms or really expensive to buy. I have gotten a LOT better at taking problem pens and chucking them in the waste basket. I will still give them a second or even third chance to let loose of some of that ink, but that’s it.


Leftover paint
Apparently this is a big problem for some home owners. Stacks of cans in the garage with only a bit of paint in each one. Since we have vinyl siding, there’s no doing anything with the outside of the house. We rarely paint inside, and it’s always something like Navaho White. Not much excitement. If I had access to a bunch of leftover paint of different colors, I would have NO PROBLEM using it! I’m a huge fan of Jackson Pollock, and I would just love to paint the inside of the garage door in his style. That would use up a LOT of paint. Same with the inside of the side door of the garage. It would sure make laundry day a lot more colorful to look at, since I spend a fair amount of time in the garage where the washer and dryer are.

So there’s the list for this week. More to come…


No comments:

Post a Comment