Thursday, April 27, 2017

More Stuff You Don’t Care About





I’ve been sick for a week and are only just now feeling human. So needless to say, I haven’t been working very hard on a blog for this week. As you will discover. I decided to start randomly picking stuff to write about and let it do for now.

Thursday was a good day, because it was Marv’s birthday. I am always grateful for another year with this man. AND his boss bought PIE to share with everyone at work and Marv got to bring most of a whole pie (chocolate cream) home!! WOOT! We also went to dinner at Denny’s for Marv’s free birthday breakfast. I had chicken fried steak, which I hadn’t had in YEARS and it was WONDERFUL.

I’ve written before about how hard it is to find the name Dorothy on stuff like ornaments and such. I do have 3 ornaments, a mug and a candle holder. And I’ve been seeing all these posts on FB about it being National Sharon Day or National Mary Day. So I went to the Ultimate Source: Google, and THERE IS NO NATIONAL DOROTHY DAY ANYWHERE IN THIS WORLD. There was a famous Catholic activist/journalist/editor named Dorothy Day, but that’s not what I was looking for.

I have never been able to discern direction very well. East/West/North/South mean nothing to me except when I look on a map. Tell me to drive East on Whatsit Ave and I will have no idea what you’re talking about. I also sometimes have trouble with right and left. *sigh* I get by on landmarks.

They say that the worst day fishing is better than the best day at work, but I say “The worst day at work is better than the best day at school!” I really, really, really hated school.

The talk now is that I’ve been peeling a banana the wrong way all my life. You don’t start at the top of the stem, you start at the bottom. You know what? They’re right, but I DON’T CARE! I still peel them from the top.

According to one of those things on Facebook where every letter has a Japanese sound after it, my Ninja name is TE MO CHI (Dot) or DE MO SHI MO CHI RI FU (Dorothy). But you can call me BabyCakes.

The year I turned 30 was 1983. I’d been married for 8 years and had a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I was probably certifiably insane and had migraines all the time. The only reason the 2 kids and I got to the present day more or less intact was the fact that I had a first class man to help me through it all. With God’s grace and Marvin’s help we made it! Double WOOT!!

theend

No comments:

Post a Comment