Thursday, January 12, 2017

Now the Resolve




In 2017 I Resolve to Never…

…wear Spandex in public.
Now, I have never done this in the past, and for everyone’s comfort and sanity, I will continue to not do this. Even if this was the last thing in my closet and I HAD to go to Walmart, I would sooner wear Marv’s floor-length bathrobe than go out in Spandex.

…wear pajamas in public.
Same as above. Now, you might say that Marv’s robe would be included in the category of pajamas, but you’d be wrong. If I was wearing his robe I would say I was a Jedi and to get out of my way. And I bet people would get out of my way…

…drunk dial an ex.
Mainly because I don’t HAVE an ex!! Marv is and has always been the first for EVERYTHING in my life!! Makes things so much easier. And if I did drunk dial him, we’d both be at the same party, so I don’t think he’d mind…

…eat an entire container of dip in one sitting.
I only did this ONE time in my life, and I learned my lesson! I was pregnant with Paul and had just made some yummy onion dip and decided to cut up an ENTIRE stalk bunch of celery and sit and watch TV while munching on this. Cream cheese and celery is healthy, right? Boy, was I sick. Marv had NO sympathy for me, either…

However, I DO Resolve to…

…learn how to work the remote for the DVD player.
I had this down cold before we got Uverse and hooked things up with the computer. Now it’s all different and involves 3 remotes. I don’t do different very well. I’m a Lutheran…

...learn how to move pictures from my phone and put them on the computer.
You would not believe how difficult it was for me to learn the basic stuff on my new phone. I went into the whole thing knowing that the phone was already smarter than me. Sad.

…start using my good china again.
Growing up, I learned that part of being an adult was having a full set of good china that was used for holidays and special occasions. In the first few years of marriage I got the china. I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I’ve actually gotten it out, dusted it off and used it. This will change.

…make an altered book for ME
Over the years I’ve made at least 24 altered books for various people. I still have people on my list to make ones for, but I think it’s time to make one for ME. Pull out the stops and go wild. I would like to incorporate some of my poems and short stories into one and see where it goes.

…try at least THREE (3) of the one million recipes I’ve collected from Facebook.
I’m trying to be a bit more discriminating on the ones I save now. I look at the directions and list of ingredients and ponder if I REALLY think I want to do that recipe. I probably have at least 10 slightly different egg and hash brown casserole recipes. Same with beef stew. Same with certain desserts. I could probably DQ half of them right now. But they LOOK SO TASTY in all the pictures!!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
P.S. Whoo-hoo, I’ve already knocked 2 off my list here since writing this:

I have CONQUERED the DVD player. It involved sitting down with a paper and pen and listing each freaking step while Marv went through the steps with me. I even had to draw a picture of one of the buttons on one of the remotes because the button didn’t have a name on it, just a picture. BUT I DID IT!! “Veni, vidi, vici!”

I also learned how to put the pictures from my phone in a computer file. I did the same thing with this as with the DVD player. Copious notes for each freaking step while Marv talked me through it. Now I got swagger, yo!

So this old (Lutheran) dog has already learned TWO NEW TRICKS this year!! Look out, 2017!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment