Thursday, November 10, 2016

Lolling With Intent





I don’t mean ‘laugh out loud’ either. That would be LOLing. Put in that second ‘L’ and you get LOLLING. As in to loll, hang loosely, lie relaxed. And if you’re serious about it, you’re doing it with intent.

Once in a while I will wake up and realize that I don’t have anything in particular that I HAVE to do that day, or no place that I HAVE to be. That’s when I decide to loll. I will look at my clock and say, “I’m gonna loll!” And I will get back under the covers and loll. I don’t always go back to sleep. Sometimes I will lay there and let my mind roam around a bit.

Most of the time, when I decide it’s a loll day, I will be in bed and the phone will ring. I can hear the answer machine and if it says anything other than a specific name, I can ignore it. Sometimes Harper will decide he wants out, and he will NOT be ignored.

And there are the times when even after distractions like the phone or the cat, I will be determined to loll no matter what. I might not even be sleepy anymore. THAT’s when I am lolling with intent. And I’ve gotten pretty good at it after all these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment