Thursday, October 27, 2016

Rainy Day Ramblings






Star Date: Thursday, October 27, 2016
Destination: Chico
Objective: Shopping and Lunch

It was supposed to be the 3 Amigos – Paula, Dot and Mary, but Mary backed out. Honorary Amigo Jay was substituted.

First stop: Costco
Scored almost immediately inside by a display of cozy slippers. AND THEY HAD MY SIZE!! It’s pretty hard to find cute shoes/slippers that will fit my big boats. And since my poor daughter inherited my shoe size, I got slippers for both of us. WOOT!

Next came the usual stuff – nuts, goodies, hamburger. The last time there, I was lucky and got a couple of bottles of Jose Cuervo margarita in the grapefruit/tangerine flavor. My favorite. Since it already has the booze in it, it’s ready to drink. I knew I should have sent Marv out on his lunch hour to get more, but didn’t. And I paid the price for my sloth. They didn’t have any this time around. *sigh* I still have one bottle left, though. That stuff is so awesome that I know I could knock off a bottle rather quickly, but I don’t do that anymore. I’m trying to give my liver a little break. I mix in some lemon/lime soda so I don’t get looped so fast. (pat on back)

Next stop: Panera Bread
That place is DA BOMB! They have the best creamy tomato soup EVER!! A cup of that with a half sandwich of ham and cheese and a couple glasses of iced coffee and you’ve got yourself a fine lunch. I also got a pecan braid pastry to have later.

Final stop: Winco
Main objective was to get the store-brand slim fast. That’s what I mix in with my coffee every morning for a truly fine wake-up breakfast. Stocked up on some boxed pasta side dishes. GOT FONDUE!! I had called Trader Joe’s before going to Chico to see if they had their brand of cheese fondue in yet and was told not until November. So finding it in Winco was nice. We’ll have to try it and see if it’s as good as Trader Joe’s. Picked up a couple of their French bread sandwiches for dinner. AND…I got gummy butterflies!!!

Then, it was homeward bound. For a fairly yukky rainy headachy day, it wasn’t bad. Got to spend some time with good friends, got my shopping done and had a good lunch. There was an added bonus when I got home. The power was out in the neighborhood, so I couldn’t get on the computer or read…so I TOOK A NAP!!! Rainy day naps are the best!! When I woke up, the power was back on.

And that’s the end of this week’s episode. Tune in next week, same time, same channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment