Thursday, January 28, 2016

Turning 40 in 2016






I came across a list of things and people turning 40 this year. My favorites were as follows:

 KIMMY GIBBLER AND STEVE URKEL (the actors playing them)
We watched Full House and Family Matters every week. I have always enjoyed the odd characters in TV shows and these two were among my favorites. I especially loved the episodes of Urkel in drag.

 THE FIRST ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW MIDNIGHT SCREENING
This was back when I was super shy and I would never have gone to a screening of this movie. In fact, I never saw the movie until it came out on VHS. After that, I was a firm fan of this delightful romp of a movie.

 FAMILY FEUD
I loved this show, mainly because of Richard Dawson. I had a huge crush on him when he was in Hogan’s Heroes. I would watch this show as often as I could. After the kids were born, Sarah learned how to clap her hands by watching this show. I’d turn on the TV and as soon as the music started for the show, Sarah would start clapping madly.

 ALEX HALEY'S ROOTS
This book was SO popular when it came out and as soon as it was available at the library I checked it out and read it. I found it fascinating. I also watched the series that was made from it, but I preferred the book.








STEVIE WONDER'S SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE
Both Marv and I were fans of Stevie Wonder and we got this album. Played it over and over and over. Great album!! Marv was especially in awe of the trumpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment