Friday, December 11, 2015

Total Brain Freeze



Really scraping the bottom of the barrel today. Sat down with no clue as to what I was gonna write about. I've tried stream of consciousness writing before and really suck at it. So random sentences it is....

After church Wednesday night, I had my first practice for playing O Holy Night on Christmas Eve. Wow, did I stink! Out loud! Then went on to play through Coventry Carol with the same results. To be fair, I really hadn't done any practicing beforehand...guess I gotta work on that.

Had Marv get the tree down from the attic and set up Thanksgiving weekend. And there it stood with only the lights on it. I had contemplated just adding a garland and calling it good. Seriously. Finally I had Marv get down the box with the stockings and garlands in it, plus the two small “special ornaments” boxes. And that was it. What was in those 3 boxes was all the decorating I was going to do with the tree and whatnot. Oh, I lied. Marv had gotten the Manger scene box down when he got the tree down. So today I finally got the stockings up and the tree decorated. I have to admit that tree looks pretty spectacular. Got the Manger all set up. That's probably my favorite Christmas thing to do. If I had to, I could live without the tree, but I gotta have my manger scene.

Painted 7 more jars for luminaries to set up on Christmas Eve. Really enjoyed doing that. Saw the example on Facebook last year and we did a lot of them at church at the guild meeting, but knew then we could use more. They look so pretty at Christmas when they turn all the lights off as we sing Silent Night and the only lights are the candles up by the altar, the luminaries and the candles that everybody is holding.

And that's it for now folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment