Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wow! Questions!!




I haven’t done one of these things in YEARS. For a while, they were all over the place on MySpace and Facebook. I’ve forgotten when and where I stumbled across this one. It was titled: Vanity Fair’s Proust Questionnaire. Tons of questions. I’ll just answer a few this time. In no particular order:

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being in some place of great natural beauty. Alpine setting, perhaps. Although I’m very fond of the redwoods along the coast in northern California. Living in a cozy little cabin. Having deer come up and visit. Having my kids and grandkids living nearby. Watching Marv putter around the place. Sitting in a comfy chair outside with a good book and a nice cup of coffee. Breathing the pure air and listening to the birds.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Years ago, it was books. I am an unabashed bibliophile. I amassed an enormous number of books. Then rubber stamps came into my life, and I was a tad distracted. I still bought and collected books, but stamps took over for many years. I think I have enough of those, and have gone back to books, but in a very judicious manner.

On what occasion do you lie?
When do I not? I mean, really, who DOESN’T say “Fine” when asked “How are you?” That’s one of the biggest lies that people (me included) tell all the time! I try not to ever ask that of others, unless I REALLY am interested in how they are doing. I will usually say something like, “Beautiful day, huh?” Or, “Cute dog, what’s its name?”

Which talent would you most like to have?
That’s a tough one! The first thing that came to mind was to be able to play the piano really well by ear. I have a friend who can do that and she is awesome! She can play in any key you like. Then almost as quickly came the wish to be able to carry a tune so that dogs don’t howl…I love music, and I love to sing. Now, I CAN play the piano fairly well, with sheet music. But no matter how hard I try, I can’t sing worth a damn! And as much as my family and friends love me, they will agree with that statement without reservation!

What is your most marked characteristic?
I am the most loyal friend you will ever have in your life. I will do everything in my power to help you, if asked. I will defend you if others speak ill of you. Unless betrayed, I will be there always. I will love you and pray for you.

What is your motto?
“I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” Phil. 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment