Friday, April 12, 2013

April 2013 Book Report




1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

I had just finished writing a GLOWING report on this book. What I wrote was WITTY. It was HUMOROUS. It was FULL OF WONDERFULNESS.

Then I was interrupted by a phone call.

When I came back to the computer, with great flair I accidentally DELETED THE WHOLE THING!!!

I sat here and looked at the blank page. There is probably some clever computer-type magic whereby I could retrieve my report, but that is magic beyond my humble powers.

So all I’m gonna do now is tell you to GET THIS BOOK. READ IT. Don’t be put off by the fact that in the original Japanese it was a 3 volume set, and the English version is just one big honkin’ 1,175 page tome. I didn’t know that when I ordered the book from B&N. I was a tad dismayed by the size of the book, but once I started, I found it difficult to put it down and do anything around the house.

So you’ve been both warned and encouraged. It’s a huge book. But I was sucked into that other world of 1Q84 in the first few sentences and never looked back.

BTW…if anyone ever reads or has read one of the books I report on, let me know! Tell me your thoughts on the book(s) we have in common. I have no one to talk to here….

peace out




No comments:

Post a Comment