Friday, April 27, 2012

Shopping Solo




* (note important asterisk)
I’ve already written about how I hate shopping alone, especially when it involves a trip to Chico, and how much I’ve enjoyed the last few shopping trips with Paula. This week, I really had to do some grocery shopping, and it had to be in Chico, and it had to be alone.

So I got a couple of CD’s for the trip,** got my reusable shopping bags,*** the cooler, my shopping list, made sure I was fully dressed**** and took off.

It was a beautiful, breezy day and the drive was lovely. Didn’t find everything I was looking for at Target, but got most of it PLUS a new game for Lia. Also found some new patterns of duct tape. GREAT for crafts!

Winco was next, and I got everything except the frozen veggies. Just plain forget ‘em. Obviously, having a list doesn’t do any good if I don’t look at it…
By this time, it was after 12 noon and I was getting a mite peckish***** so I thought I would get a half sandwich from the deli section and go over to Starbucks across the street and have my lunch there. But then I noticed the fried chicken wings. I LOVE FRIED CHICKEN WINGS. I got four of them for under $2 and a bottle of diet Dr. Pepper. I put the cold stuff in the cooler in the trunk and drove to the end of the parking lot facing 20th. Sitting in the shade with the windows open for the breeze and eating my wings was THE• BEST• LUNCH• EVAR• ******

After that, I went to Trader Joe’s at the other end of town in search of cheese fondue. I wasn’t very hopeful, as that sort of thing tends to be seasonal ******* and I was right. There was none. So I assuaged my sorrow with a jar of cocoa almond spread and some frozen Crème brûlée. I’ll take the almond spread to Fresno with me and share the brûlée with Marv tonight for his birthday dinner.

End of trip. End of story. See ya next week.



*I’ll continue the story of the Virginia trip next week
**Savage Garden going to Chico, kd lang for the trip home
***Remember, you get FIVE WHOLE CENTS CREDIT for each bag!
****Not something to be taken for granted…
*****Spell check does NOT like the word ‘peckish.’ Kept trying to change it to ‘puckish.’
******Yes, I meant to spell it that way. Back off.
*******WHY, TRADER JOE’S? WHY??? Why not all year round?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment