Friday, September 2, 2011

Alphabet Soup – part 9: the last spoonful



X – X is for Xanadu

Not the poem by Coleridge; I’m talking about the Gene Kelly/Olivia Newton-John movie. I LOVED that movie! I loved the music! I thought it was great fun! I didn’t care that it made no money at the theater and the reviews were pretty bad. I wanted to sing and roller skate like Olivia did, with my hair flowing back in the breeze.


Y – Y is for Yak Butter

One of my favorite books that I read over and over is “Escape From Kathmandu” by Kim Stanley Robinson. In it, some ex-pats in Nepal find themselves offered tea with rancid yak butter floating on top. This beverage is mentioned several times. I looked up how butter tea is made, and like the Vegemite from the previous soup blog, I don’t think I would like it…

Z – Z is for Zamboni

Who doesn’t love Zambonis?? I ask you?? What always comes to mind whenever I hear that word: Snoopy on the ice in the bird bath, preparing for the hockey game with Woodstock. He’s driving the Zamboni and getting things ready.

And there ya go, folks! A through Z. Hope you enjoyed the meal…

No comments:

Post a Comment