Friday, May 13, 2011

April Book Report


OK. I’ll admit that playing Ravenwood and Cityville on Facebook is cutting into my reading time. That does NOT mean I’m addicted!

So…the 2 books I read in April were:

“The Boy Who Reversed Himself” by William Sleator

This was from the Young Adult sci-fi section. Sleator is one of my favorites. Even though his books are geared to a younger reader, I enjoy them tremendously. Well written, with a real plot you can sink your teeth into. Laura is trying to fit in with the popular kids in high school. When Omar moves in next door, she knows he’s “odd” somehow, and tries to distance herself from him. Her curiosity gets the better of her, though, and she finds herself joining Omar in traveling into the 4th dimension.

“The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow” by William Arden

Another in the 3 Investigators series. Just happened to read 2 Young Adult books in a row. One sci-fi, one mystery. I still enjoy these books a lot, even though they are a bit dated by now. The 3 boys hear of a fabulous treasure hidden long ago by the ancient Chumash tribe. They not only break the code and discover where the treasure is hidden, but they thwart an unscrupulous Australian crook in the process.

OK. Now it’s back to Facebook time to take care of some laundry, and maybe play some Ravenwood read a little. I AM NOT ADDICTED!!

1 comment:

  1. Me thinks thou dost protest too much! Lol!

    The Sleator book sounds interesting. And, no a good story is always worth another visit.

    I won't keep you, I'm sure Ravenwood calls ;)

    ReplyDelete