Friday, March 5, 2010

pasta and a haircut

WAAAY back in September of '09, I got the best haircut of my entire life. I always go to SuperCuts because I'm cheap and I've always had pretty good service there, no matter who does the cutting. I figured that just before Thanksgiving I'd get it cut again, as that's when my hair would start not co-operating with me.
Things came up, I had dental work done and was miserable for a long time, Thanksgiving came and went, AND MY HAIR WAS BEAUTIFUL. My current profile pic on Myspace was taken at Thanksgiving and I think my hair looks pretty darn good. I'd never had a haircut last that long! I had to do a minimal amount of fussing and it was still working! I thought maybe just before Christmas would be the time to get a cut.
Of course, if you've been reading my blog (and if not, shame on you!) you know that that's the time I was dealing with a very bad back, the stuff going on with Marv's mom, Sarah and Lia coming up and Christmas itself. So no haircut, but that was OK because MY HAIR WAS STILL BEAUTIFUL! I was getting compliments on it regularly!
January came and went and February was well into it before the first hints of non co-operation started. By the end of February I knew that was it. No more Mr. Nice Hair!! My big goal this week was to get my hair cut, come heck or high H2O. Last night I decided that I would get my hair cut in the morning and then go to lunch with Paul to redeem our blood-earned pasta coupons at Round Table. I also had a coupon for a free tea tree shampoo with purchase of any hair cut. So that's what I did. I got a wonderful shampoo and a fabulous haircut.
When Paul and I went to Round Table, he was going to get the lunch buffet of salad/pizza bar along with his pasta. I went first and asked how large the pasta portion was. The gal said it was pretty big, and showed me the take-out pan they use for it. It was enormous. Paul changed his mind when he saw that and just got the pasta and drink like I did. When it was served, it also had a big garlic bread twist with it. I think the bread had sour cream in it, which I really don't care for, but the pasta was superb! I could only eat about half of it and brought the rest home for dinner. I'll probably give the bread to Marv; I only took two small bites.
So it's been a pretty good day--free shampoo (and great haircut) and free pasta! And tomorrow I get to go to a stamp luncheon! Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment