Thursday, September 19, 2024

At What Point Does Journaling Become a Manifesto?

 


 

manifesto \man-uh-FESS-toh\ noun. : a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, or views of its issuer.

 

As you know by now, I write just about anything I have an opinion on. Don’t much care anymore if it angers or offends, but I do try to be reasonable (from my POV) and keep it clean. I have made my point on many subjects and was intrigued to see if I could come up with my own Manifesto. So remember, this pertains to me and my ideas. I don’t try to force anything on anyone.

 

Dot’s Manifesto For Whoever Wants To Read It

 

Respect my faith. I don’t force it on anyone, so don’t tell me my faith is wrong.

 

Respect my political opinions. I don’t force them on anyone, so don’t bash or curse me if yours differs.

 

If I try to share something I’m happy/excited/joyful about, don’t deliberately harsh my buzz just because you can.

 

Large people (including me) should not wear Spandex in public. However, I would NEVER comment that to someone in public. And yes, I know I’m fat. I’ve seen myself in 3-sided mirrors in dressing rooms.

 

Cats are the most perfect animals in the world and don’t try to tell me different.

 

Dogs are just fine, but cats are better.

 

I love to eat meat. God gave Noah permission for that when he stepped out of the Ark.

 

Many social issues I compare to what the Bible says. I don’t publically remark on this unless asked directly. I don’t debate my faith. I can and do love others that have different beliefs than I do.

 

I am able to agree to disagree.

 

Cursive should be taught in schools.

 

Parents should have the right to determine what their children are taught.

 

I don’t advocate burning or banning books for children, but parents should have the right to choose what their child reads or has read to them in school.

 

Everyone should know how to read. It’s fun! It’s entertaining! If the power goes out, you might not be able to watch TV, but if you have an oil or battery lamp or several candles you can still read! Read to your children! Get them a library card!

 

I love God the Father. I love God the Son. I love God the Holy Spirit.

I love my family. I love my friends.

 

I love my country.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment