Thursday, January 19, 2023

Cooking Hacks

 



Stuff to make life easier and delight your friends and family.

 

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this one before, but it bears repeating. When you get to the end of a jar of Nutella, pour hot milk in the jar to get that last bit of chocolaty goodness. Or pour hot coffee in it and add some creamer.

 

Rotisserie chicken every couple of weeks. Give yourself a break. Since it’s just Marv and me, any leftover chicken can be added to ramen noodles for a later meal. I also add a can of mushrooms.

 

Garlic salt and onion salt. You’re going to salt whatever you’re cooking anyway. I also use celery salt on steaks and pork chops (when we can afford them). The only other seasoning I keep around are pepper and season salt.

 

Lemon juice in one of those cute yellow containers. Some recipes call for just a tad of lemon juice and this is so easy. I also put a few drops on my fish fillets or fish sticks.

 

Instant mashed potatoes….I have NO shame in using this. It’s usually going to be covered in gravy anyway.

 

I’m also a big fan of pouch bags of soup, especially potato soup. Add a can of chopped ham and one of mushrooms and a handful of frozen corn and you have a really good meal.

 

I know instant pots are all the rage, but I find the only thing I need is a slow cooker. Best invention ever, in my opinion. Throw whatever you like into one and forget about it for a few hours. You can even make an awesome chocolate lava cake in one.

 

Now…about the picture above of Kitty Forman…WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THROUGH ONE MORE MEAL!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment