Friday, December 16, 2022

100 Books – part 6

 



More from the list of books everyone should read in their lifetime.

 

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

I had to read this in junior high. Most of Salinger’s stuff is pretty depressing, but I still enjoyed this book. I used to have a copy of it, but it got lost along the way. When going through this list of books for the blog, I decided to get me another copy.

 

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

I did NOT read this or see the movie. I tried to read it, but found pretty quickly that it was not something I wanted in my head.

 

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

I’m pretty sure I had to read Anne Frank’s book in junior high. I knew her story and it saddened me a great deal when I got to the end and knew there would be no sequel. The Hiding Place was an outstanding book and movie. Corrie is one of my heroes.

 

Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

Both of these are awesome books and should be read by kids and grownups alike. And yes, I was sad when Charlotte died. And no, I still do NOT like spiders in any way, shape or form. The Wind in the Willows was epic.

 

The Good Earth and Dragon Seed by Pearl S. Buck

Such marvelous writing! Dragon Seed was pretty brutal, since it dealt with the time of the Nanking Massacre. But great reading, both of them.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment