Thursday, January 21, 2021

Thanksgiving At Walmart

 


I know it’s WAY past Thanksgiving, but I’ve talked so much smack about Walmart (and well deserved, IMHO) that I figured it was time for a positive review, since the negatives outweigh the positives usually.

 

99% of the time, Marv and I do the shopping together. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I had to go out and get a few last-minute things before the kids got here that night. I expected nothing but stress and anger.

 

Plot twist!! It was actually a good trip! I got a good parking space, which means a lot to me. I try not to use my handicap placard unless I need it, and those spots are usually full anyway. But this space was a good one.

 

I got everything on my list! Except for the canned whole new potatoes. But I wasn’t in great need of them right away. I was only going to get them because I was at the store. But everything else was there! I even scored some toilet paper! It was only 1-ply, but so are leaves, and I’d rather use TP than leaves. The leaves were mostly brown and crunchy anyway.

 

Something I got that wasn’t on my list was Flurschen! It’s the candy that’s mentioned in the Winterhouse book series by Ben Guterson. It’s based on the candy that Liberty Orchards in Cashmere, WA makes. When I was growing up, it was called Aplets and Cotlets and was a fairly common thing to find. Haven’t seen it in years, though. You can order it directly online, but then you have shipping to deal with. I was in line at the checkout and there happened to be a display right next to me! Scooped up two different flavors.

 

So ya done good this time, Walmart…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment