Thursday, February 27, 2020

Poem Generator



I found a site that lets you put in words and it will make a poem for you. Lazy poets rejoice! Here are a few that it made for me:

Peace - A Didactic Cinquain

Peace
Calming, tranquil
Soothe, inspire, embrace
It was a surprise to us all
Freedom

(Not bad. Acceptable for a lazy poet.)
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Butterfly - A Tanka Poem

Oh my butterfly
It is intense and diamonds.
With lightness freedom
And a carefree thoughtless too
When it floats I feel happy

(Obvious crap. There aren’t many choices when you type in the words as to how tenses and plurals are used. But it could be used as a jump-start for a real poem.)
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Flower - A Haiku

Sunny break of day
A beautiful, flower runs
Above the pepper

(This one was done with the option of the site choosing random words. Awful. I tried it again using my own words and it was even worse.)
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Springtime – a line by line poem

My passion is the springlike summer solstice
Suddenly, I heard some reblooming
Only this and a festival
Remembering many lonely, weatherwise pagans
But in the fact that it was whispering
In there stepped a gentle 'sweet alyssum'

(This one gave you several phrases/sentences to choose from for each line. You could make the poem as short or as long as you wanted.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
There were other styles of poetry also, but this is a sampling. While there are very few that I would actually claim as being written by myself, it can be a good prompt for the real thing. Here is the link: https://www.poem-generator.org.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment