Thursday, April 5, 2018

Rambles April 2018



The one wedding present that Marv and I both agreed we wanted was a cuckoo clock. So his mom gave us one when we got married. That clock has been going since May 22, 1976. A couple of times we’ve had to get it cleaned and repaired a bit, but it’s been a pretty steady little companion. There is only one quirk that showed up several months ago…when it’s 1 o’clock it will cuckoo 11 times. All the other hours are done correctly, and of course when it really is 11, it’s right on the money. After so many years, I guess it’s entitled to do what it wants.





When I was in 9th grade, we got to make collages in English class. It was a homework assignment. I don’t recall any parameters being mentioned, or any particular book to be referenced. I think it was in 8th grade that we read Romeo and Juliet for English class, so I know that wasn’t a current book for 9th grade. About that time the movie starring Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting was in the theaters. I wasn’t allowed to go see it because of a supposed nude scene. I did my collage with flowers cut out from several Sunset Magazines that my grandmother had. I covered a large sheet of paper with flowers overlapping each other. In the middle I glued a picture of Romeo and Juliet from the movie that I got out of Life magazine. I LOVED that collage. This was all toward the end of the school year. When it came time to get our collages back to take home, mine was missing. I was so upset. The teacher said she’d keep an eye out for it, but of course it never showed up. I was going to tack it up on the wall of my bedroom. The space was all ready and waiting for it. *sigh*

I’ve always been a Trekkie, and proud of it. I’ve seen all the various TV versions and all the movies. What made the biggest impression on me was the fabulous earrings the Bajorans wore in Deep Space Nine. Both men and women wore them. And they were only worn on one ear. I really, really wanted a Bajoran earring. I finally found something similar at Claire’s on the Mall, but I was never brave enough to wear it in public. But it’s there, hanging along with my other dangly earrings in my bedroom…

The other day I was looking for a liner for the waste basket in the downstairs bathroom. I opened the drawer where I usually keep them, and saw a small white hair dryer. Where did it come from? I don’t remember ever having a small white hair dryer. We have the big one in the closet in the hallway by the other bathroom. This one looks a bit like the ones you’d find in a motel room. (I have NEVER stolen a motel hair dryer!!) Where did this little one come from??
IT’S A MYSTERY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment