Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Force to be Reckoned With




There I was, happily lazing about, thinking of craft stuff and doing a few things. No big plans in mind. And I had posted in my New Year’s Resolutions that the next altered book I did would be for ME. I had been pondering on that project and had even sort of picked out a book I would like to alter for this.

THEN---it happened! I was suddenly grabbed by Myrtle (my altered book muse, for those have not been following me regularly, and if you haven’t, WHY NOT??) in a grip that allowed no recourse but to acquiesce. SHE wanted me to do something DIFFERENT!

Almost immediately, ideas came flooding in and whirling about. The book I had sort of chosen for me was now to be used for something else. I began feverishly looking through ALL MY FILES on the computer, trying to find certain images and/or words and/or ideas I had filed neatly away for future use. Of course, my filing system is on the arcane side and even *I* have trouble trying to remember WHERE certain things were stashed.

After a while, things started to gel a bit, and I went through my usual process of putting everything I thought I wanted for this particular project in a separate file. Then came the filtering and getting rid of the stuff that I really couldn’t find a cohesive place for. I don’t just throw these things together, you know. I ponder, I cogitate, I reflect. I second-guess like you wouldn’t believe. Eventually, even Myrtle loses patience and says “Put it together, already!! You got enough crap to work with now!!” (Myrtle can be quite the female dog…)

The reason I recount this story for Pete, Gladys and the rest of you, is to explain why I don’t have a decent blog for you this week. There is no denying Myrtle when she’s musing on a person big-time…

I hope by the first post in June to have pics to show and the end of this tale to tell. Until then, I will stick some other stuff in to pacify y’all. I hope. Maybe stories about my cat…


No comments:

Post a Comment