Thursday, October 22, 2015

Foods to try before you die



This was one of those articles on MSN. I chose a few from the list and put them in 4 categories: Yes/already tried, Maybe, Highly doubt it, and finally, DEATH FIRST! (to quote Westley)

In the first category are the following:
1. Frog legs and rabbit. I've eaten both, and they were fine, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat them again.
2. I've also had baklava and bread pudding. And YES, I would go out of my way to eat them again. And have.
3. Scotch eggs. I've heard about this dish many times in Brit literature. Hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, breaded and fried. What's not to like? I would definitely like to try this.
4. Japanese kobe beef. Would LOVE to try this without having to take out a bank loan first.
5. Prickly pears. I've always been curious as to what it tastes like. It's used to make candy, jelly and drinks.

Maybe category:


1. Fried alligator, kangaroo steak. As long as it's well cooked, I'd try either.
2. Baba ganoush. Heard this name so many times watching Most Extreme Elimination Challenge that I would HAVE to at least try it. I've had eggplant parmigiana, and enjoyed it.

Highly doubt it:
1. Borsch. Hate beets. 'nuf said.
2. Durian. Very stinky Asian fruit. Supposed to be healthy, but the smell has made it banned in public places. That should be a hint in itself.
3. Black pudding sausage made with pig's blood. Ick.
4. Caramelized grilled eel. Doubt it.

DEATH FIRST!
1. Sea urchin w/caviar. Even the article said it was not suitable for all palates. Pass.
2. Escargot/Haggis. Not this side of the grave. Snails and sheep offal. No thank you!
3. Grilled octopus. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. One for each tentacle.

So there you have it. Just gimme a cheeseburger and a slice of baklava, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment