Friday, December 5, 2014

Random Insanity





Two weeks ago, I missed posting a blog because we didn’t have a working computer.
One week ago, it was Thanksgiving weekend, the girls were here, they were sick, I was sick, chaos reigned.
This week, I’m feeling much better, BUT…
IT’S HOLIDAY MADNESS TIME!!!

I’m already facing burnout from the non-stop push for MATERIAL STUFF.

This is going to be a VERY lean gift-giving year. And as the various posts on Facebook have said, as I get older the important stuff is NOT STUFF. I love giving gifts, and will still do that to the best of my ability, but they will be hand-made for the most part. Lia will get a couple of special things, but she is one of those rare kids who don’t seem to need a LOT of presents.

What I want most of all is to sit by the fireplace, have my family around me, read the Christmas account from the Bible and reflect on all the many, many blessings God has bestowed on us all these years. That’s all I want. All I need. Is that too much to ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment