Friday, June 21, 2013

Give Me Some Ideas!!!



I have a bad habit of trolling the blogosphere when I should be writing. When I can’t think of something I feel inspired to write about, I start trolling. I bookmark all sorts of blogs that are interesting to me, but unfortunately, don’t help kick-start my brain as far as MY blog goes.
I find countless blogs about art, crafting, stamping, pictures, travel…and I bookmark them ALL. I have a few that are supposed to be helper/idea blogs, but they never seem to quite fit me or my life. I have come to the conclusion that I am remarkably boring as far as everyday life goes. In my head, there are all sorts of wonderful ideas, thoughts, plans, that I can never seem to pin down.
I think it would help if I were more computer savvy, or at least blog site savvy. Then I could link to past posts, have a page for pictures of my art work, etc. But I don’t know how to do that and I KNOW that I don’t want to take a class. I graduated from high school with such a phobia about the whole “school” thing that I can’t stand the thought of being in a classroom. Unless its for a stamp class or something along the line of artwork.
What I want is someone to sit down with me and show me what to do. I am a very good copycat. I have always done much better when shown what to do, than to be told what to do. But I don’t personally know anyone of that ilk. So I will stumble along as best I can until I can figure it out.
I was pretty chuffed at being able to put together this blog that I have right now. And double chuffed when I figured out how to add pictures! Wow! That was a real revelation! Sometimes I will surf along for a picture that calls out to me to write about, but I’ve found that to be very difficult. I don’t want to poach anyone’s picture and I don’t know how to get my own pictures from my camera onto the computer. Or to take an existing picture (like an old family pic) and scan it into the computer. I know all these things are relatively easy once you know how to do it and have the programs or whatnot to achieve it. My main computer guru scarpered off to Virginia years ago and I have been left desolate.
But I’m starting to get to the point of getting fed up enough to actually do something about the situation. That’s the way I usually am. I whine and moan until I’m sick of listening to myself. I would like to get to the point of having at least 2 or 3 blogs ready to post so when I’m in Fresno or something else comes up where I’m unable to sit down and compose, all I have to do is post what is in the file. I hate posting a slipshod blog. And I know I’ve done that several times. I deem today’s post to be one of them. My soul is so filled with creativity that demands to be freed, but I’m at a loss to open the doors…..



No comments:

Post a Comment