Thursday, June 20, 2024

I Love My Peeps!!

 



Seriously! I know some people disparage Facebook “friendships” and say they aren’t real. I disagree. The last few weeks I have been sick to a degree I’ve never experienced, and the prayers, love and support I’ve received from my FB peeps has been VERY humbling. And I absolutely believe I’ve benefitted greatly from it all.

 

My lungs have been a bit dicey for some time now, but it’s never been to the point where I’ve actually been afraid. I won’t go into gross details, because no one wants to hear about that. For a while, though, all I could do was lay in my recliner and try to cough enough to clear things up. Didn’t work. Every bit of energy was used up.

 

Usually, when I’ve been pretty sick I can at least distract myself with reading, TV or playing on the computer. Couldn’t do any of those things. Trying to hold a book was too exhausting. Sitting at the computer was too exhausting. Had absolutely no interest in TV. Just turning it on was too exhausting. Eating was too exhausting.

 

The embrace of the recliner was all I wanted.

 

When I got to the end of the medication I started feeling better. Slowly. Very slowly. Each day was a bit better than the one before. Doing pretty good now.

 

So a huge THANK YOU and hugs, kisses, fist bumps and whatnot to all of you who participated in my recovery. Special kudos to Marv, who took up the slack for everything, including laundry, dishes and grocery shopping.

 

I know that I was in the constant care of my Lord Jesus, and I also know He is the one who gave me so many loving friends.

 

MUAH!! XOXOXOX

 


No comments:

Post a Comment