Thursday, August 27, 2026

OK…I’m Old! – School Days #2

 

Some more steps down memory lane…

 

 


The mimeograph machine!!! Remember that wonderful smell? Damp purple ink freshly printed. Nothing like it.

 

 


Mucilage. Terrible stuff. Hated it. You always got too much or too little on whatever you were using it for. Although it was better than that white paste crap.

 

 


Yup. The picture says it all. I don’t remember ever getting to use it myself, but my mom had one at home. Used it all the time. Even cut the side of my left index finger off.

 

 


I had completely forgotten about this! I think we were all given toothbrushes and these pills. Fourth grade. I remember John Dodge was the lucky student who got to chew one of these pills and go around the class room showing his teeth…

 

 


My desk in first grade looked like this. I don’t remember if it was carved on.

 

 


Later on, the desks looked more like this one.

 

Random Thought:

What do teachers eat for a snack?

Academia nuts!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment