Thursday, October 17, 2019

Napkin Conversations




I got some napkins (I think at Walmart) that had conversation questions/topics on them. Lia and I would use these napkins at meal time and have a nice little chat. I would also bring them with me when eating at Thea’s house when her grandsons were there and do the same. Here are the questions and some of the answers I had or suggestions for talking with a kid.

You woke up as a 30 foot giant. What do you see today?
Pretty much the top of everything. Good way to get some specific descriptions going.

Share a mind blowing fact
Can be something you learned or the fact that you can touch your nose with your tongue…

Share your best joke
Mine has always been: If buttercups are yellow, what color are hiccups? Burple!

Tell me about your day and what made it OK
Real good one for dinner time conversations

What part of your day made waves, and what part was a total wipeout
This kind of goes along with the one above

What did you do to change the world today?
Could also be used to prompt what small ways a child can make a difference

What’s the most outrageous thing you saw today?
This might be a good one for after a trip to Walmart…

Swap Day! Who would you switch with and why?
I would usually say Queen Elizabeth, but it doesn’t have to be a celebrity. The why can be very interesting.

Growing up, we ALWAYS ate at the table for every meal, but I don’t remember any conversation. Ever. I find that kind of sad to look back on.


No comments:

Post a Comment